We use water heaters more than almost any other equipment in our homes. Water heaters provide hot water for showers, washing machines, dishwashers, and more.
If you hate waiting for a hot shower or can’t seem to get the water hot enough to clean, consider installing a new water heater. Newer water heaters are often more efficient, cost less to run, and provide better access to hot water.
GEM Plumbing provides fast, affordable, and efficient water heater repairs and installations across New England. Our licensed and insured plumbers also ensure that your water heater complies with new federal energy efficiency standards and local building codes.
While installing a new water heater can be expensive, newer equipment will help you save money over time — a higher efficiency water heater costs less money to provide more hot water, lowering your energy bills. Most new water heater systems can help save 16% or more on heating bills.
Most water heaters last 6 to 12 years. If you want to figure out whether it’s time to replace your water heater, GEM can inspect your water heater and help you determine the best replacement timeline and options. GEM can also install a Water Heater Flood Protection Device that automatically shuts off the water supply when it detects a leak, reducing the risk of a flood.
- Store water in a large tank.
- Heat the water in the tank using gas, electric, or oil.
- High-efficiency models can reduce water heating costs by up to 7 percent.
- Only heat water when it’s needed and provide unlimited access to instant hot water.
- You can shower, do laundry, and run the dishes at the same time without running out of hot water.
- Can reduce water heating costs by up to 30 percent.
- Take up much less space in your home than conventional heaters.
- Combine conventional tank storage with a heat pump for instant hot water.
- Use existing water and energy connections.
- Replenish your hot water supply much more quickly than a conventional system, but still maintain a large tank of hot water.
- Can reduce water heating costs by as much as 60 percent!
Routine maintenance can help prevent costly water heater repairs and delay the need to replace your water heater. GEM can quickly repair minor issues such as small leaks before they become major ones.
Most homeowners and business owners are completely unaware when their water heater is about to fail, so if you are experiencing problems with your water heater, please call GEM at (877) 902-1000.
- Not supplying enough hot water.
- Taking a long time to heat water.
- Leaking from the water heater tank.
- Making noise from the water heater tank.
- This typically signals a serious problem.
- You can check your pilot light, but if that’s not the issue, let one of our plumbers take a look for you.
- If rusty water is coming out of your faucet, it’s likely that either the inside of your water heater tank or the inside of your pipes has corroded and needs to be replaced.
- Over time, sediment can build up in the bottom of your water heater tank and harden from being heated and reheated each day.
- The rumbling noise is caused by the sediment banging around as it heats up.
- Because of the sediment, your water heater needs more gas or electricity to heat up.
- Eventually, the additional time that it takes to heat the water will cause the tank to wear, which causes the metal to become brittle.
- Once this occurs, tiny holes and cracks can develop and it’s time to replace your water heater.
- Leaks can come from different parts of your water heater and indicate different types of problems.
- If the leak comes from the water lines or the temperature and pressure relief valves at the top of your water heater, it may not be a serious repair.
- If water is leaking from the bottom of your water heater, this is often a sign that the interior tank has deteriorated and it may be time to replace your water heater.
- If there’s water on the floor around your water heater, you should determine whether it’s coming from the water heater itself or from nearby pipes or other appliances.
- Furnace drain lines, water softener lines, and other plumbing may be causing the water you see.
- A GEM plumber can help identify the problem and offer solutions to fix it, no matter where the leak is found.
If any of these problems sound familiar, give us a call. Our plumbers are professional, friendly, and can explain your options for repair or replacement. If your water heater is beyond repair, learn more about the differences between conventional, tankless, and hybrid water heaters that GEM can install for you.
Check out GEM’s entire list of Plumbing Services