Our thoughts are with those who have been affected by COVID-19. As our own community, and those around the world, are struggling with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are closely monitoring updates and recommendations from the CDC and our local health officials.
We know you rely on us when emergencies happen, and as always, we want to be here for you. While the risk is presently low for a majority of people, we have taken increased steps to ensure we can continue to serve you while protecting your health and the health of our technicians.
ENHANCED TECHNICIAN PROTOCOL AND SAFETY MEASURES
- GEM technicians use one-time-use, disposable shoe covers and gloves and are taking precautions to clean tools and equipment.
- Technicians, as well as our office staff, have been briefed on safety practices within our customers’ homes and on CDC’s recommendations for how we interact with one another.
- Our employees are closely monitoring their own health. To date, there have been no reported cases of an employee exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19. In the event there is any individual who is presenting symptoms or fear they may have been exposed, they will be self-quarantined, along with any employees they’ve been in contact with.
- We have transitioned to a remote work model for all employees to limit any risk of exposure.
- If we don’t shake your hand, we mean no offense. We just want to minimize the spread of germs to keep everyone healthy.
We understand you might be more cautious about who enters your home. Through our partnership with HomeX, our members can now speak to a licensed and certified technician, over the phone or through video chat. Our HomeX Remote Assist technicians can help you assess, and sometimes fix issues without the need for a home visit. If the Remote Assist technician determines that you need a service visit, we’ll send a tech to your home. They’ll already be briefed on exactly what’s wrong and have the right tools and parts to get started right away.
Remote Assist is free as a part of your GEM Home Advocate plan. If you are not a member, you are able to access Remote Assist for $25. If the Remote Assist technician determines that you need a service visit, we’ll send out a tech and credit your invoice with the fee.
Your Home hygiene
Home hygiene is always a top priority and especially when germs are likely to spread. It’s important to follow advice from the local health authorities and maintain good airflow in your home. You can practice good home hygiene by:
- Disinfecting and cleaning surfaces frequently.
- Ensuring your home’s vents and filters are clean. Central heating and cooling systems ventilate the air in our homes to protect our health.
- Improving indoor air quality with products that can filter very small particles, kill germs, and control humidity. This includes products such as high efficiency filter systems, air purification systems, humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
As always, we encourage our customers to explore air quality products that can help keep their home healthier — we are currently providing $100 off the installation of these items.
Our top priority is your health and safety and we will continue to be here to assist you. We also ask that if you have been exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19, and you have recently had service, to please call us so that we can help ensure the health and safety of our team members and other customers.