As Temperatures Rise And The Snow Starts To Melt, Prepare Your Home For Spring In Rhode Island And Massachusetts
Prep Your HVAC System for Spring With The Following Tips:
- Look for potential leaks: Do you see any holes or gaps around your windows or doors? This could affect your AC efficiency and result in higher AC bills as the weather warms up.
- Examine your roof: Snow or ice accumulation can cause dangerous water damage. When inspecting your gutters and roof, look for any loose tiles or shingles as well as any leaves or debris left in your gutters.
- Service your HVAC unit: Clear any debris from your unit and change your air filters, which will improve your system’s overall efficiency and lifespan. If you have air vent filters or water filters, these should be replaced every 3-6 months as well. Schedule your annual AC tune-up with GEM to make sure your system is in tip-top shape for summer.
- Test your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors: Make sure each of your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are working correctly by testing the alarm. If you don’t remember when you changed the batteries last, now might be a good time to do it!
- Inspect your outdoor systems: When checking your hose faucets and pipes, look for potential cracks from freeze damage. It’s also time to ensure your sprinkler system is working properly. If you have outdoor lighting, test the sensors and look for bulbs needing to be replaced.
Looking to book an appointment for your spring maintenance? Call GEM at (833) 222-2953.